Some features of NServiceBus, particularly related to physical routing of messages, cannot be supported by ServiceControl. The reason for not supporting them is the fact that these features require extensive code-based configuration and ServiceControl is a standalone service. Transport adapters are designed to bridge the gap. ServiceControl.TransportAdapter is provided as a library package (rather than standalone service) so users can customize the transport the same way as for regular business endpoints.
Multi-instance, where endpoints connect to different instances of SQL Server, is not supported. Multi-catalog and multi-schema modes are supported in ServiceControl version 3.0 and above.
Custom topologies are not supported.
- Using aliases instead of a connection string is not supported as ServiceControl is not able to retry messages.
- Leveraging multiple namespaces in a topology requires setup of multiple ServiceControl instances.
- Customizing brokered message creation may lead to incompatible wire formats and deserialization errors.
- Customizing entity paths by using namespace hierarchy is not supported.
- Using aliases instead of connection string is not supported as ServiceControl is not able to retry messages.
- Leveraging multiple storage accounts requires setup of multiple ServiceControl instances.
- Choosing a non-default serializer for the message wrapper or using a custom envelope wrapper may lead to incompatible wire formats.