This document explains how to set up the NServiceBus monitoring demo in detail.
In order to run the demo your system needs to meet the following requirements:
- Windows 8 or higher
- .NET Framework 4.6.1 and higher
The sample zip file includes 4 endpoints and the Particular Software Platform components, all of which have been configured to send messages using the Learning Transport.
After downloading the zip file, extract its contents into a folder. Open the folder and double-click on
MonitoringDemo.. This executable will:
- Run the platform components.
- A ServiceControl instance (binds to a free port in the 49200 range)
- A Monitoring instance (binds to a free port in the 49200 range)
- Run the sample endpoints, each in their own window
- Run ServicePulse, in it's own window (binds to a free port in the 49200 range)
- Open your default browser to the ServicePulse monitoring tab.
- Allow to scale out or scale in the sales endpoint by pressing the ↑ or ↓ key.
- Wait for ENTER key, and will quit all processes and cleanup temporary files and folders.
Once you have the demo up and running, begin exploring the demo.