NServiceBus is supported on the .NET Framework and .NET Core.
NServiceBus is supported for applications targeting the .NET Framework 4.5.2 or later on Windows (note that some packages may require a later version). For the list of supported Windows versions, refer to .NET Framework Versions and Dependencies.
NServiceBus is supported for applications targeting .NET Core on a variety of operating systems:
- Windows: All Windows versions according to .NET Core 2.1 - Supported OS versions are fully supported.
- Linux: All Linux versions according to .NET Core 2.1 - Supported OS versions are fully supported.
- macOS: macOS is supported only for development purposes.
Some packages do not currently support .NET Core or running on non-Windows platforms:
- NServiceBus.Transport.Msmq - MSMQ only runs on Windows.
- NServiceBus.Persistence.ServiceFabric - .NET Core support is slated for a future minor release.
- NServiceBus.Persistence.Sql - Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, and PostgreSQL are supported. Oracle is not supported due to the lack of a .NET Core version of Oracle.ManagedDataAccess.
- NServiceBus.Spring - Spring.Core does not support .NET Core.
- NServiceBus.Metrics.PerformanceCounters - Will support .NET Core on Windows in a future version.
- NServiceBus.Wcf - Microsoft does not support the server aspects of WCF on .NET Core.