The Metrics plugin collects metric data about the performance of running endpoints. This data can be forwarded to a ServiceControl monitoring instance and then viewed in ServicePulse.
To see performance monitoring in action, try the standalone demo.
For a full list of the performance metrics captured and their formal definitions, see Metric definitions.
To enable collecting metrics in an environment:
- Install a ServiceControl monitoring instance
- Install and configure the ServiceControl Metrics plugin in each endpoint
- View the performance data collected for endpoints in ServicePulse
- Metrics can be reported to Windows Performance Counters.
- Observing raw metric data allows reporting to any 3rd party metric database.