Each ServiceControl service stores its data in a RavenDB embedded database. The location of the database is set at install time.
To see the current database location, open ServiceControl Management and view the location is listed in the instance details.
ServiceControl Management does not provide a means of moving the ServiceControl database. To move the database to a different disk location follow this process:
- Open ServiceControl Management
- Stop the service from the provided options
- The current database path will be listed in the utility. Copy the contents of this directory to the new location
- The new database location should not be a sub folder of one of the existing locations (Installation path, Log Path etc)
- Ensure that the service account used has read/write access to the new location.
- Manually edit the configuration and specify the new location by changing/adding the
ServiceControl\DBPathsetting. See Configuration Settings
- Restart the Service
- Remove the old database directory and contents
This will generate a new instance of the RavenDB embedded instance in the specified path.