ServicePulse monitors NServiceBus endpoints for:
- Endpoint availability (using heartbeat signals sent from the endpoint)
- Failed messages (by monitoring the error queue defined for the endpoints)
- Custom checks (defined and developed per application needs)
- And more (see An Introduction to ServicePulse for NServiceBus for additional upcoming monitoring features)
Prerequisites for ServicePulse monitoring of endpoints:
- An endpoint plugin DLL must be deployed in the binaries directory of each NServiceBus endpoint (required for endpoint availability and custom checks monitoring).
- Supported NServiceBus Endpoints:
- NServiceBus Version 5.0.0 or higher;
- NServiceBus Version 4.0.0 or higher;
- NServiceBus Version 3.0.4 or higher;
- Auditing must be enabled for all monitored endpoints (see Auditing With NServiceBus).
- All endpoints must forward audited data to a single audit and error queue that is monitored by a ServiceControl instance.
Deploying Endpoint Plugins in each Endpoint
The endpoint plugin consists of these NuGet packages:
- NServiceBus Version 5.x:
- NServiceBus Version 4.x:
- NServiceBus Version 3.0.4 or higher:
Install the plugins from NuGet in the endpoints:
If saga visualization in ServiceInsight,
or use the appropriate Version 4 package if the endpoint targets NServiceBus Version 4:
or use the appropriate Version 3 package if the endpoint targets NServiceBus Version 3:
NOTE: Saga Visualization plugin is only available from Version 4 and above.
- For manual deployment, copy the endpoint plugin DLL files to each endpoint bin directory (and restart the endpoint to load the plugin).
- By default, the endpoint plugin sends a heartbeat indication to ServiceControl every 30 seconds. If a heartbeat indication is not received within 30 seconds, ServicePulse raises an event that indicates the issue.