This is part of the NServiceBus Upgrade Guide from Version 7 to 8, which also includes the following individual upgrade guides for specific components:
- Upgrade AmazonSQS Transport Version 5 to 6
- MSMQ Transport Upgrade Version 1 to 2
- RabbitMQ Transport Upgrade Version 6 to 7
Starting with NServiceBus.RavenDB version 6.2.0, the built-in gateway API is obsolete and using it will produce the following message:
RavenDB gateway persistence has been moved to the NServiceBus.Gateway.RavenDB dedicated package. Will be treated as an error from version 7.0.0. Will be removed in version 8.0.0.
To migrate to the new gateway API:
- Add a reference to the NServiceBus.Gateway.RavenDB NuGet package and configure the gateway feature following the instructions available in the RavenDB Gateway Storage documentation.
- Remove any configuration that uses the legacy gateway API.
The timeout manager is removed from core which makes timeout storage obsolete.
- Any configuration APIs can safely be removed.
- Database tables must be manually removed from storage.