This is part of the NServiceBus Upgrade Guide from Version 7 to 8, which also includes the following individual upgrade guides for specific components:
- Upgrading the data bus from version 7 to 8
- Dependency Injection changes
- Upgrade NServiceBus downstreams from Version 7 to 8
- Upgrading message contracts from Version 7 to 8
- Upgrade NServiceBus pipeline extensions from Version 7 to 8
- Transport configuration changes
- Upgrade AmazonSQS Transport Version 5 to 6
- Azure Service Bus Transport Upgrade Version 2 to 3
- Azure Storage Queues Transport Upgrade Version 10 to 11
- MSMQ Transport Upgrade Version 1 to 2
- RabbitMQ Transport Upgrade Version 7 to 8
- SQL Server Transport Upgrade Version 6 to 7
The timeout manager is removed from core which makes timeout storage obsolete.
- Any configuration APIs can safely be removed.
- Database tables must be manually removed from storage.
There is no automatic migration of timeout data. See Timeout manager removed - Data migration.