This is part of the NServiceBus Upgrade Guide from Version 7 to 8, which also includes the following individual upgrade guides for specific components:
- Upgrading the data bus from version 7 to 8
- Dependency Injection changes
- Upgrade NServiceBus downstreams from Version 7 to 8
- Upgrading message contracts from Version 7 to 8
- Upgrade NServiceBus pipeline extensions from Version 7 to 8
- Transport configuration changes
- Upgrade AmazonSQS Transport Version 5 to 6
- Azure Service Bus Transport Upgrade Version 2 to 3
- Azure Storage Queues Transport Upgrade Version 10 to 11
- MSMQ Transport Upgrade Version 1 to 2
- RabbitMQ Transport Upgrade Version 7 to 8
- SQL Server Transport Upgrade Version 6 to 7
BinaryFormatterensure that all endpoints on all sites are updated to use the newly selected data bus deserializer.
BinaryFormatter is being phased out by Microsoft. The data bus configuration API now requires a serializer.
Refer to the Migration from BinaryFormatter for details.