This is part of the NServiceBus Upgrade Guide from Version 7 to 8, which also includes the following individual upgrade guides for specific components:
- Upgrading the data bus from version 7 to 8
- Dependency Injection changes
- Upgrade NServiceBus downstreams from Version 7 to 8
- Upgrading message contracts from Version 7 to 8
- Upgrade NServiceBus pipeline extensions from Version 7 to 8
- Transport configuration changes
- Upgrade AmazonSQS Transport Version 5 to 6
- Azure Service Bus Transport Upgrade Version 2 to 3
- Azure Storage Queues Transport Upgrade Version 10 to 11
- MSMQ Transport Upgrade Version 1 to 2
- RabbitMQ Transport Upgrade Version 7 to 8
- SQL Server Transport Upgrade Version 6 to 7
The timeout manager has been removed from NServiceBus 8, so the
EnableTimeoutManager backwards compatibility API has been removed from the transport. The timeout migration tool should be used to migrate any remaining timeout messages.
Certificate connection string options removed
certPassphrase connection string options have been removed. The
SetClientCertificate API should be used instead.
requestedHeartbeat connection string option removed
requestedHeartbeat connection string option has been removed. The
SetHeartbeatInterval API should be used instead.
retryDelay connection string option removed
retryDelay connection string option has been removed. The
SetNetworkRecoveryInterval API should be used instead.
Transport no longer claims to support
The transport does not have any functional difference between
TransportTransactionMode. modes, but there has been no way to indicate this before NServiceBus 8. Now that NServiceBus 8 has enabled this, the transport now only supports
type parameter of the
TeardownSubscription methods of the
IRoutingTopology interface has changed from
NServiceBus.. Custom routing topology implementations will need to be updated.