This is part of the NServiceBus Upgrade Guide from Version 6 to 7, which also includes the following individual upgrade guides for specific components:
- Migrating Msmq subscription messages
- Azure Storage Queues Transport Upgrade Version 7 to 8
- RabbitMQ Transport Upgrade Version 4 to 5
- SQL Server Transport Upgrade Version 3 to 4
- Upgrade from Azure Storage persistence Version 1 to Version 2
- NHibernate Persistence Upgrade Version 8.0 to 8.1
- RavenDB Persistence Upgrade from 4 to 5
The gateway now allows full configuration via code. To enable the gateway and configure sites and channels:
The above code replaces the previous method of configuring the gateway so the following should no longer be used:
When running on .NET Core, options in configuration files are not automatically detected. Use the code-first API instead.
When running on the .NET Framework, settings in configuration files will still be used. However a warning will be logged indicating that it should be explicitly configured using the code-first API instead.