In order to invoke the correct message handlers for incoming messages, NServiceBus must be able to map the incoming transport message to a message type.
The mapping rules are as follows:
- If the message contains the
NServiceBus.header, the header value is used to find the message type. The header value may contain:
- The FullName of the message type.
- The AssemblyQualifiedName of the message type (with or without private key are both supported)
- The Name of the type, without the assembly name.
NServiceBus uses the AssemblyQualifiedName when emitting messages.
- If the header is missing, serializers can optionally infer the message type based on the message payload.